Trinity Episcopal Church
Alice Sherman Sawyer
11575 Belleville Road
Belleville, MI 48111
Text the word: TRINITYEC To: 72727
Hours of Operation
The history of Trinity Episcopal Church in Belleville Michigan began in 1884 when Violet Clark, the daughter of a Quaker father and an Episcopal mother, traveled to Ypsilanti to ask the rector of St. Luke’s to conduct Episcopal services in Belleville.
The Rev. Thomas W. MacLean agreed, and held services at 3:00 pm, on Sunday afternoons, in the Baptist church at Main and Third Streets for a group of Episcopalians which became known as Grace Mission. Rev. MacLean and another clergy from St. Luke’s continued to hold Sunday afternoon services until sometime in 1890.